Monday, October 24, 2011

OCTOBER PIE MEETING (Friday, October 28, 2011)


Hi every one, Just a reminder that our meeting will be this Friday Oct 28, 2011 @ G-Life starting at 6:30 pm. In observance of Domestic violence Month,  our topic of discussion will be " How to stimulate Interpersonal Skills and Family Stability". This will be an open forum discussion and teaching on handling conflict, dealing with feelings, managing anger, coping with stress and crisis in the home. We will study God's word to see, "Where is God in all of this?" In considering the effects of abuse, remember that the victim is not the only one who suffers. Family member and friends suffer and feel personally violated as well. During the week please pray for all victims of abuse and neglect and their families. Intercede for those in situations you know of personally or suspect abuse or neglect. I read the lyrics to a song written some time ago by a woman named Sharon Bates. When she was nine years old she wrote this song in reaction to a news paper report about child abuse. She wrote the lyrics " Dear Mr. Jesus, I just had to write to you; something really scared me when I saw it on the news. A story about a little girl beaten black and blue" The song concluded with these words, " Dear Mr. Jesus, please tell me what to do. And please don't tell my daddy, but my mommy hits me too."
Don't forget to invite friends and family and have them fill out a visitors card.
As always wishing you all Love, Peace and Blessings,
 Rev. Dr. JoAnn Nickelberry